Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zoya Chopping Block: Part 3

Hello Pixy Stixs

Here we are again to review two more defendants in my "Zoya Chopping Block" swatch review.

I present Defendants #5 and #6, Borghese "Solaro Sunshine" and L'Oreal Jet Set Shine "Top 10 Tint".

"Solaro Sunshine"






Okay pixies what do you think? Solaro Sunshine is a lovely orange frost shimmer, I picked it up for $2 at Walgreens...yeah you read it right, 2 bucks!

Well let's first address the fact that this is 3 coats. I have a big rule about polishes, if I have to add more than 3 coats, its not gonna be for me. Well this passed that rule, but it was very streaky. Look at all those shimmer streaks...screaming like an airport runway lit up at midnight!

I love shimmer polish, but when the streaks from a shimmer polish stay on the nail after every brush stroke, kinda like the marks in the carpet left after you vacuum, It's not good.

Marks left behind when vacuuming ...GOOD, marks left behind "in nail polish"...BAD!

"Top 10 Tint"








This is a really pretty pink golden shimmer, that I picked up at the Dollar Tree for $1...fancy that..HA!

Okay, is it just me, or does this one remind you of Zoya's "Happi"...I don't have "Happi", and in fact that is one of the polishes I want to get from the exchange. Why? because it reminds me of pink grapefruits!

Now its time to address another obsession I have...GRAPEFRUIT...I love it, the taste the smell and any polish that reminds me of grapefruit or pink grapefruit, I'm all in!!!

Plus even though this was labeled as a "Tint", meaning sheer or just a top coat over another polish, it was nearly opaque in 2 coats ( I should have done 3) , You can't beat that with a pixy stix!

My verdict,..."Solaro Sunshine" is GUILTY, but "Top 10 Tint" is acquitted of all charges...it was a set-up I tell ya...LOL....."Top 10 Tint" can stay!!
Pin It!

No comments: