Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blue, purple, green duo-chromey comparison :)

You know the saying, "You've seen one, you've seen them all", well I thought this was true most of the time, but it's not always true... and definitely DOES NOT apply to nail polish...can I hear an AMEN!

I grabbed:
Zoya "Ki"
Nubar "Peacock Feathers"
OPI "Glacier Bay Blues"
GOSH "Purple Heart"

All 3 coats

























































The Zoya and the GOSH are very similar and both have an icy purple tone with flashes of green.  The Nubar has a great blue base that slightly leans green  with flashes of purple and green.  The OPI has a deeper blue base with a great purple and green  duo-chrome, gorgeous!
















The Nubar is the most sheer out of the 4, but nothing that would bother anyone.  My favorites are the O.P.I. and the Zoya, the formula and color are "spot on" for both.






























See the great green flash they all deliver, awesome! I love polishes that have this, I guess that's why I have 4 of them..LOL!















The Zoya and the GOSH are very close, let's take another look!















Yeah I can definitely say to all my nail heads, that if you do not have the GOSH, get the Zoya.  You won't be disappointed. :)
Pin It!

12 comments:

Tassa said...

I love all of them! <3 :)

KarenD said...

The only one I don't have is the Nubar, but I think maybe I should fix that situation now that I've seen your swatches. :)

LadyLuck said...

dupe fest! hehe

Unknown said...

@Tassa- Me too..LOl :)

@KarenD- Absolutely!

Unknown said...

@Ladyluck27- I know, right :):)

Sasha said...

Those are my favorite types of colors... love them all! And I don't have any of them!

Megan Harmeyer said...

I have Ki and I've always wanted Peacock Feathers - now I know I don't *need* it. LOL But now I really want OPI Glacier Bay Blues! Thanks for the comparison!

Silence is Loud said...

nice comparison!!! I still have gosh purple heart but i didnt notice its beauty until i read this post!

Aly said...

Amen! I love duochromes, now that Zoya goes directly in my wishlist!!!

AllThingsNails! said...

I absolutely ♥ the shot with the green flash - just gorgeous. Nice comp post... :)

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Great post. I own every one of these colors.

MightyLambchop said...

They are all so gorgeous.
Ki is a major lemming for me. Must have!