Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gray by Gray

I bought this color on sale at Walgreen's for $2.99.

Get this......I've had it for almost 6 months and found no need to but it on, until one night, when I couldn't decide what color to apply and this one screamed "Give me a GO"...so I did. :)

Sally Hansen
"Gray by Gray"
2 coats, 1 coat of OPI top coat and 1 coat of Seche Vite















I love this color, it's a great simple gray that has a great "blue stone" kind of tone to it. I can't believe I let this sit in my un-trieds so long..LOL !

These Sally Bottles are so cute, they remind me of cute little soldiers all dressed up and standing tall.....but now I realize why I avoided using these cute little guys...the BRUSH!!! 















:(















I do NOT like this brush, it's really wide and really long and the excess polish drips from the base of the brush while you are painting the nail and makes a bloody mess. :( I know some users love these brushes and find no problems with them, but they are not for me.

Now the formula is great, no issues with application, 2 coats and it was perfect. However this is the 2nd time I've used a color from this line and both times I had bubbles.





























To avoid shrinkage lately, I have been doing a double top coat method using a non-fast drying top coat and then topping it with Seche and I have found out 2 things:

1. I do not get any shrinkage in my manicures
2. My manicures last way longer, with no chipping....AWESOME! (don't forget to wrap the tips, too!)















So despite the bubbles and the horrid brush, I STILL like these polishes...when they are on sale :) LOL:)
Pin It!

16 comments:

Jette Fromm said...

Love the colour! And I just might have to give your 2-different-topcoats-method a try! :)

Tempera said...

Pretty grey. And thank you for the top coat tip. I really like Seche but I don't like the shrinkage. I will be trying this top coat and then Seche on top. Thank you again for this tip.

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty on you! I've wanted to get that one for a while but where I live they're really expensive... about $12 I think....

Une Ruxi à Paris said...

This is such a beautiful blue!!

Angeles said...

Gorgeous color... I love it!
Blue and green are my favourite colors for polish.

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies, this polish was a great find and it does lean blue and green depending on the lighting,. Also when doing your manicure, dont forget to also wrap the tips to help secure the mani :)

Hook Prism Power said...

Lovely color and it looks amazing on your nails. I'm so there with you on these stupid brushes. It feel like no matter what you you cannot control them. To me it makes it even more time consuming.

Martje said...

I absolutly looove these bottles + brushes :) I received soem colors in a swap with a lovely gorl from USA...and the color you just used is on my whishlist to my brother to bring back from his trip ;) love the color!!

Martje said...

ow wow nice typing :S whats a gorl...

Unknown said...

@Martje- LOL, I totally do the same thing alllll the time, I hope your brother is able to find it :)

Rory said...

This color is really pretty, but that brush is really awful! I also wish they were cheaper... I've started using your two top coat method as well and I haven't had any shrinkage! Thanks so much for the advice!

Unknown said...

@Varnish- I'm so happy its working for you too! :):)

Anonymous said...

Nice shade! I am loving it!

Enamel Girl said...

love this color! its a shame its still in my untrieds.

those brushes are interesting. the first time i used HT i was taken off guard by the size, lol. i'm used to it now and it works well with the SH insta-dri polishes. i guess i had to get used to it.

Cel said...

Such a pretty colour and at a great price! We don't even get this series here. Thanks for the two top coats tip, I will try it out too :D

Anonymous said...

Oh! Could this be a dupe for MAC India?