Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kelly on Ice!

Yep, I took everyone's favorite Zoya (right now) and added a little twist. 

Zoya "Kelly" 2 coats
Pure Ice "In the Mood" 1 coat

















I love Zoya's "Kelly" it is a great blue toned grey creme and then I saw how Nihrida did THIS manicure with a similar blue toned grey and I thought, "I can do this too!" :)

I topped this manicure with Zoya "Armour" and then topped it with Seche Vite...ha ha..NO SHRINKAGE!
















I see now that I should have gotten closer with the Pure Ice over the Kelly (I did this manicure under low light), but it's still pretty.  I'll use better lighting next time :)































There are terrible storms in the Midwest and the East Coast, so to all my nail friends out there, take care, be safe and stay warm :):)
Pin It!

9 comments:

Rory said...

This looks amazing! And in your last couple of posts you've mentioned applying a non-Seche top coat over a mani, and then applying Seche to prevent shrinkage. Does this consistently work? Because I gave up on Seche due to shrinkage.

Also this is a perfect mani to commemorate snow storms and freezing rain (even if you're missing out...hahah)!

KarenD said...

Very pretty!

We didn't get nearly as much snow as forecast but it was still way to much to shovel without getting very annoyed. :)

Unknown said...

@varnish Vixen- Yes, I have found that it prevents a lot of my manicures from shrinking.

@KarenD- be safe Karen, and don't shovel, you'll ruin your mani..LOL :)

Musicalhouses said...

Gorgeous! I love how this colour looks on you!

- said...

Kelly works well with a sheer blue shimmer. You remember my "paradoxally Kelly" mani from last summer?

JQ said...

That's a neat layer combo! I have yet to get any Zoyas but I look forward to it.

Unknown said...

@Musicalhouses- Thank You

@Nathalie- Yes I do, and I still can not find that LA Color..LOL, this manicure will have to cure my lemming til then :)

@JQ- When you do, you'll really enjoy them :)

Anonymous said...

this looks really cool! awesome job

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Wow, a completely different look! Awesome!