Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Wear Test

Whew..say that title 10x fast..LOL. 

Yep.... I paid  $10 bucks just to see if they really do wear as well as everyone says they wear, and YEP they did!










































Oh look what I received as part of my receipt....Essie is coming to Walgreen's..but since my Walgreen's gets everything months later, I'm sure this wont happen till Easter..LOL! :)

I choose "Bling It On", a very pretty shiny glittery pink.

The instructions were super easy...















On a clean nail, apply the sticker that best fits the nail, slap it on, smooth it out, and file the excess off. 






























After filing some of the stickers a little too close (creating instant tip wear), I got the hang of it and it was really easy! They are smooth to the touch, and very shiny. I love this idea!  :)

The above pics are Day1...so here is Day 5...





























A slight more tip-wear, but seriously amazing after 5 days, these salon "stickers" could have easily gone 5 more days, if it weren't for the fact that I am a "nail-head" and needed to desperately see another color on my hands....don't laugh...I know I'm not alone..... LOL.

They were just as shiny and perfect as the day I applied them :)

I even started to pick at it, to make it chip, to justify a nail change...hilarious..I'm certifiable, seriously!















Seriously, here is my advice on application...do what the instructions say. Then also do this...

1. Make sure your hands are warm and your nail beds are clean of all oils.

2. Once you open the "nail foil" packet apply the nail decals, at that moment.  Once they have been exposed to air, they harden and do not apply as easily and they loose their "stickiness" (if that makes sense)

3. Apply them at night, so they have ample time to form to the nail.

4. Don't be fooled, putting them on was easy, taking them off is a PITA...remember ya'll they are glitter..same rules apply.

That's It! Definitely gonna grab more when they go on sale, and I will be using them for my next trip out of town :)
Pin It!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! These look just like you polished your nails. Now that I am rocking shorties I maybe able to wear them. Thanks for the tips on how to apply them :)

LadyLuck said...

LOL @ ur walgreens! Mine gets the new stuffs like 2-3 months later, they just got the Wet n' Wild Christmas palettes xD

Megan Harmeyer said...

Your comment about picking at the bottom just so it would chip made me laugh. I do the same thing! How bad are we?! LOL These look great - I've been hesitant to pick them up because the other "stickers" I've tried didn't live up to the wear they promised.

Unknown said...

@rmcandelight- They will last a long, long time on shorties!

@ladyluck27- Really, they just got he Xmas palettes, that's crazy! LOL!

@Megan- LOL, I know...we are a special bunch :) These are a great product, I love them!

tasha~ said...

I love this look! I might need to try some of the design ones- the lace or the houndstooth ones look amazing!

attackedastoria said...

Glad to hear they wear well! My mom picked up the houndstooth ones for me the other day because she thought I'd like them. Just need a special occasion to slap 'em on!

Enamel Girl said...

SH did a great job with these!

Shadow said...

I love theses! these are the easiest way to get a glitter mani without the multiple coats. SH deff did a great job at making these I cant wait to try mine.
My walgreens got the essie's but not a very good variety of colors and its a tiny display.

Rory said...

Wow these wear better and look better than I could have imagined. Now I just need to wait for them to show up in my local CVS.

jbrobeck said...

thanks for the great review, and especially the thoughtful tips! i haven't tried these yet, but when I do I am coming back to this post!

Alexis said...

Haha I'm the same way-- go more than 2-3 days and I'm chipping it off myself!

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

Nice review and I love the tips at the end! Thanks! I haven't found the ones I like at my stores...they're all picked over and the good ones are gone...hopefully they'll restock. I wanna try them! (on sale, of course!)