Tuesday, April 26, 2011

See ya later alligator....

Slowly but surely I am acquiring the OMG Collection.  I recently completed collecting all the bottles of the China Glaze Kaleidoscope Collection and now OMG has my undivided attention :)

I just recently received this one in a swap on MUA :)

China Glaze
L8R G8R
Gorgeous lime green linear holographic polish.















Here is the scoop..these OMG beauties are notoriously difficult to deal with so here is what I did

1 coat OPI Nail Envy- Matte
1 coat Orly Bonder
1 coat China Glaze L8R G8R
1 coat Nfu-Oh Aqua Base
1 coat China Glaze L8R G8R
1 coat Nfu-Oh Aqua Base
1 coat China Glaze L8R G8R
1 coat Sally Hansen-Hard As Nails (with the black top)

I know, 9 coats sounds crazy! But it is sooooooooo necessary to get this look!












































It's so worth it...trust me.  The Sally Hansen is super simple to get, but the Aqua Base is a little more difficult. Aqua Base provides a super glossy and smooth surface so that the holographic polish doesn't grab against itself and create bald spots :)
















I know that GOSH also makes an Aqua Base, but it is a European brand and can be hard to get.

But, Nfu-Oh can be purchased thru a company called Fabuloustreet.com out of San Francisco, HERE.



And after seeing these pics, I'm sure we can agree..it's worth it!































It is true that in "indoor lighting", this polish is NOT a stunner, but under the sun-light, it steals the show.















Do you have this beauty? Do you have a favorite green polish??
Pin It!

12 comments:

Bregje said...

I don't have this one but it sure looks great on you :)
But it's a shame you have difficulties with them, the OMG polishes that I do have I find very easy to apply, basecoat, 2-3 coats and done! They're part of my "need a quick new mani" stash, lol.

Rory said...

Okay, okay, you convinced me to try aqua base! I keep dragging my feet, but this really does look great!

Unknown said...

@Shiny!- I like that "quick new mani":)

@VV- Yes, you have to get the Aqua Base you won't be disappointed and their cuticle remover is awesome too! If fabuloustreet.com is out of it, you can go to their "contact us" page and ask them to tell you when it's back in stock :)

BMR said...

I'm no where near patient enough to deal with nine coats, but it does look gorgeous on you.

Unknown said...

@BMR- Thank You. It didn't take long to do it..thank god, and also the coats are all thin, so it doesn't even look like 9 coats, more like 3 coats...LOL :)

Johanna (Paillette) said...

Beautiful!

I have to say of all the OMG collex, this one and the teal one are my faves.

I will try your combo when I try out my holos, I did have some drag on one, and it is, well, a drag!!
:D

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Looks awesome and too funny. I just received this in a swap on MUA also and haven't had the chance to swatch it yet.

♥beauxs mom said...

Just breathe taking congrats on getting all the kaleidoscopes so lucky!

Anonymous said...

I neve rthought about sandwiching the special base coat! Neat!

Nicole said...

This is gorgeous and I WILL have it! I'd been hearing the Aqua Base Coat is a saver. Looks like I need to pick it up!

Unknown said...

Thanx for posting the link to fabuloustreet.com. I ordered a bottle of the aqua base today. I still need BFF and my OMG! collection will be complete. Plus thanx for the tip about SH hard as nails as a safe topcoat for holos!

Playing with Polish said...

I have a couple of the OMG polishes, but not this one. It looks stunning on you! I wonder how the 9 coats would wear. Although I usually change my polish pretty frequently, I tend to have wear issues with holos. Have you found that Aqua Base helps with wear?