Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mai Tai anyone?

My mother insist that this looks like a Mai Tai, I thought it looked like the Today Show "Sunrise" HERE

Anyway, I was thinking about the OPI Sorbets and I wondered, "Can they be layered with EACH OTHER?"...Hhmmmm, I mean they are all in the same peachy, berry, juicy color family, soooo why not?














Left to Right: OPI "Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear?", "Guy Meets Gal-veston", "Too Hot Pink Too Hold'em" and "Houston We Have A Purple". (These are only 4 of the 6 colors in the collection). I also have "Big Hair...Big Nails", but it was too close in color to "Guy Meets Gal-veston" to use. :)



























I just did one layer of each, and topped it with one coat of Poshe.....NO tape, NO french tip stickers, just the good ole' OPI Prowide brush to create that perfect arch :)














The funny thins is I was sure the darkest color, OPI "Houston We Have A Purple", would show up really well on camera but it totally disappeared.  In real life you can clearly see the 4th arch and each color is clearly defined.













Can you see the 4th arch in this one?




























Have you ever layered your jellies? or sorbets?
Pin It!

22 comments:

OhyeahNailart said...

I really like how this looks! I never even thought to try and layer like that, and I really love those colors! :)

Unknown said...

@itsfashiontime- Thanks:)

Rhea said...

Wow, that's an interesting idea, I'll definitely try it myself :)

rebecca said...

so awesome! i wish i had all the sorbets to do this!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love this effect! The colours look gorgeous together :)
Hmmm might try this for my holiday!
xx

Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...

Nice! I can see the last layer. :o)
The only color I have is Houston We Have a Purple. Only because I live in Houston. XD

Hook Prism Power said...

I havent layered them yet but I have been wanting to for this very reason. They look so juicy and candy like when they are layered.

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

Oooh I love! What a great combo! Totally looks like a tropical drink!

carissakuo said...

oh! i love what you did! :)

OnceBitten said...

yup! I did this on my site a few months ago and it looks so delicious!!

The single colors of 'sorbets' make great gradient manis on their own too! :)

BMR said...

Oooooooooh. You're making me want some more of the sorbets so I can do this. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone, and @Oncebitten, I'm going to your site now to see your creation :)..this manicure was so much fun! I still need to get "Do you think I'm Texy" and then my sorbets will be complete..LOL!

Lalli Carvalho said...

I love the gradient in the nails, it was lovely!
You like my page on facebook? http://tinyurl.com/3hsp3v3
XOXO, darling, take care ♥

Noir Lacquer said...

Woah, this looks so awesome! Reminds me of a Popsicle. :)

Jette Fromm said...

Great idea layering these! They are so juicy and gorgeous on you :)

Toyomi said...

Looks gorgeous . Sort of a mix between an ombre and ruffian mani . I like it ! I like it a lot .

april brooks said...

This is so GORGEOUS!!

Refined and Polished said...

So cute and springy! You're making me want to pull out the few I have...

Johanna (Paillette) said...

Purely scrumptious!!!

I totally now want to own these polishes!!

I think this is about as nice as the Dior Paradise, which I am lemming!!

Fab-u-lous!!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! That is really cute!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

What a great idea! Love the look. I had to enlarge the close-up photo to see the 3rd and 4th shades though, lol!

Carrie said...

Cute idea!