Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Painted Nail (long post)

Last week I decided to reach out to the PR for Katie Cazorla of The Painted Nail to get some PR Info. on her salon, her new polish line with Nubar and her reality show, Nail Files.

Long story short, PR called me back and invited down to The Painted Nail to meet Katie. She had been touring with the "Manicure Bus" for over a month , so her and the bus, would be at the salon that evening giving away free manicures. PERFECT!
































I love how the bus is like a mini-extension of the salon, even down to the comfy chairs and decor!

When I met Katie she was all smiles and a big ball of super high energy.  She was so sweet and all about the nails...which is right up my alley :)

She immediately noticed my latest "Shattered Manicure" (the one I posted last Friday) and said to her PR Rep. Karin,  "I knew she would bring it"...LOL!

Katie showed me around The Painted Nail,and talked about what the salon offers and how she choose the decor,  which is a little slice of heaven ya'll!! Take a peek!
































If the display above looks a little light, it's because Katie gave me all the colors in her new summer line, straight from the display..LOL....she insisted I have them all, she is sooo sweet!!!



















Not only do they give the bomb manicures and pedicures, and reflexology services. Also, they offer eyebrow waxing and shaping and all other waxing services, and don't forget that at THIS salon, the first thing they offer you is a COCKTAIL with your service...yes, you read that right...cocktail!!!!! Woo Hoo! They even offer a Margarita Mama manicure and pedicure and it comes with a Margarita..WOO HOO!!!!!

Check out the polish racks!






































Yes, that is 99% Nubar..LOL..she does have some select other polishes and colors (I'm sure you can spot the bottles...LOL), but the majority of the polishes used are Nubar, her line with Nubar, or Gel manicures.

Get this, she does NOT do Acrylics at The Painted Nail ..yep, no obnoxious fumes and smells, just the glorious smells of ice cream scented lotions, cake scented pedicure bombs and all the yummy scents of her soaks, lotions and creams. YUMMY!















My day with Katie was great....LOL, it felt like a spa day  with "the girls" but it was only 2 hours...LOL!  We sat and talked about polish, (her favorite color is BLUE..woo hoo),  and how she loves any polish with glitter and that has sparkle.  But honestly between every question and answer, this chick was WORKING. ..LOL!

She was booking appointments, serving drinks, answering phones and booking manicure parties...she WORKS YA'LL!!!















I enjoyed meeting Karin and Katie and her staff, and everyone was so nice and professional!!!

Katie's is a hard working nail-head and she deserves all the success she has and all the success still to come,  I wish her the best of luck with the Salon, the show...everything!!!!! Keep it rockin chica!

And if you are in the Sherman Oaks, CA area, check out the salon, HERE 
The Painted Nail is at 13327 Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA 91423, 818-783-2022
and don't forget to watch Nail Files on the TV Guide Network, Tuesday Nights, 10/9c :)


Check out my review of her polishes tomorrow :)
Pin It!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO jealous!!! How awesome is that!?!? Looks like I'm a part of your "blue polish" club! LOL My favorite color on my nails is definately blue. Sporting China Glaze Blue Paradise now! So lovely, plus just in time for 4th of July festivities!

Biba said...

Oh, wow, that was an amazing opportunity! :D

TheSwatchingSprite said...

No freaking way! Are you serious!? HOW AWESOME!! You are one seriously lucky lady!

Megan Harmeyer said...

How fun is that?! She seems like a really sweet person with a whole lotta balls.

Veronica said...

Awesome! It looks like an awesome salon!!!

Dante said...

That is amazing. Glad that she was so cool to you and that looks great.

-Diana- said...

Oh wow look at that.... <3

You received the Best Blog Award: http://dutch-diana.blogspot.com/2011/06/awards-awards-and-more-awards.html

Unknown said...

@Diana- Thank You!!!!!

Sara ♥ said...

WOW lucky lucky you! Sounds like you had the most awesome time ever!
And I can't wait for the review =]

Rory said...

What a fab oportunity! That manicure bus looks so cute and I can't believe she gave you all those polishes! *jealous*

Unknown said...

I'm screaming!!! Do you hear me. Lol!! Jackie this is incredible. Good for you!! I know you must have been excited!!! I can't wait to see your swatches/review...

Okay rmcandlelight calm down *-*

Anonymous said...

This is so neat! Thanks for the peek inside her world and can't wait to see your swatches!

Moon said...

That is so cool..I love Katie she seems so fun and down to earth. What an amazing opportunity for you! I really enjoyed reading this entry.

Soft Landings said...

Katie came to Phoenix, AZ today and we presented her with a teddy bear in pink with cowboy boots. She is the total doll and the "most" vivacious person I have ever met. And she is a major supporter of Soft Landings towels. Can't go wrong there. Luv ya Katie.

Lamia Garcia said...

OMG I so love your blog! I wish I was in California but I'm in Miami I'm a nail tech nailsbymarsha.blogspot.com I am loving this! I am now following your blog! AWESOME

AllThingsNails! said...

You go girl! Love it... I keep meaning to TiVo the show and now I just have to. TTYS :)