Tuesday, December 20, 2011

China Glaze: Eye Candy 3D Glitters Collection, Swatches and Review

Today I have the China Glaze's Eye Candy 3D Glitters Collection released for this holiday season.  Once the bottles were released, I noticed that some had silver caps and some had black caps.

I spoke to the China Glaze PR and they said that they did not know why there were 2 different cap colors, but they assured me that the polish colors were all consistently the same.  Let the mystery begin :)

"Love Marilyn"
3 coats, no top coat



























Small pieces of red glitter with larger hexagon glitter. I wanted to love this because it had more silver glitter than OPI ""Gettin Miss Piggy With It", but both fall a bit short in my opinion. Then add the fact that I could not get full coverage in 3 coats, and I have to say, this did not work for me. Although topped over a more opaque color, it would be kinda awesome! :)


"Blonde Bombshell"
 3 coats, no top coat



























Very pretty gold glitter. Multi-sized golden glitter, gorgeous! Gold is not my color, but it delivers the bling factor and any color that does that is all ACES in my book. This would be great topped over your favorite golden foil or black creme. :)

"Material Girl"
2 coats, no top coat




























Very pretty! Pink glitter with holographic larger hexagon glitter...fabulous! I'm not a "pink girl", but this color is very pretty without being "annoying"..at least for me :)


"Marry A Millionaire"
3 coats, no top coat






















































Love the name! This is my favorite from the collection and I believe the most original. This is a great mix of regular glitter and bar glitter in purple, green gold, and blue. Although I do wish it was more opaque, it still would seriously ROCK over a black or a darker purple cream, to give it more depth. I love this one!!!


"Some Like It Haute"
2 coats, no top coat



























Yes we do!!! LOL!  AWESOME! I know this color has several "kissin cousins" out in the polish world, but this one is sooooo pretty in person. Dark grey glitter with larger holographic glitter. love this!!!!


"Lorelei's Tiara"
2 coats, no top coat









































Very nice! Silver glitter with larger blue glitter piece. Very simple yet, still very nice!. I could have done 1 more layer, and it would be perfectly opaque, but I like how it looks with 2 coats. I'm definitely wearing this again layered over my favorite silver foil.

Overall I like this collection, but wish the colors were more opaque for me. I know there are other swatches that show them to be more opaque, but that just wasn't the case with the batch I got. :)

Never the less, these beauties would be stunning layered over a black creme, and sure to bring a little bring to your festive finger tips :) Grab them if you see them!

Keep It Sweet!

*Products provided by China Glaze PR. 


Pin It!

4 comments:

Rainbowify Me said...

I've got myself a couple of these, but I've only tried "Love Marilyn" so far. It covered completely in three coats for me, so I was happy. :)

Unknown said...

@Rainbowify Me- Great, I'm glad you got full coverage. Maybe I need to shake mine up more, LOL :)

Rainbowify Me said...

:D Or perhaps my coats were just more generous than yours. :D

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors, and nice pics! So far the only one I have purchased is Marry A Millionaire. I haven't tired it yet, but perhaps I should! I love your pics of Some Like It Haute. Hmmmm...