Thursday, February 9, 2012

China Glaze Electropop, Lights Collection: Swatches and Comparisons

So yesterday I did "The Brights" for ya, now we have "The Lights". :)














"Fuchsia Fanatic"
2 coats, no top coat



























Fuchsia pink creme, nothing new, but applied nicely and still very nice!

I compared this with China Glaze "Traffic Jam".














Left to Right: "Fuchsia Fanatic", "Traffic Jam".














Left to Right: "Fuchsia Fanatic", "Traffic Jam", "Fuchsia Fanatic", "Traffic Jam".














Left to Right: "Fuchsia Fanatic", "Traffic Jam".  Traffic Jam is the darker big sister of Fanatic, close but different. I'm loving them both!

"Dance Baby"
2 coats, no top coat



























Pretty pink, with lilac undertones, almost "candy-like"...mmmmm candy, LOL!

I compared this with OPI "Sparrow Me The Drama".



























Left to Right: "Sparrow Me the Drama", "Dance Baby", "Sparrow Me the Drama", "Dance Baby".














Left to Right: "Dance Baby", "Sparrow Me the Drama".  Dance was thick on application, but leveled out smoothly, so no issues with application.  Surprisingly, I thought Sparrow would be lighter, but it seems to be deeper and richer in pink creaminess.  Now I'm not gonna lie, I am NOT a pink girl, but in this show-down, Sparrow wins for me.

"Kinetic Candy"
2 coats, no top coat



























This is a super pretty sky blue creme, just plain ole' pretty! Opaque in 2 coats, and even though it was a bit on the thick side, I still love it!

I compared this to China Glaze "Re-freshmint" (you'll see why) and OPI "What's With the Cattitude?"














Left to Right: China Glaze "Re-Freshmint", "Kinetic candy" and OPI "What's with the Cattitude?".














Left to Right: "Re-Freshmint", "Kinetic Candy", "What's with the Cattitude?", "Kinetic Candy".














Left to Right: "Re-Freshmint", "Kinetic Candy", "What's with the Cattitude?". It is as if Refreshmint and Cattitude had a secret love child, and Kinetic is it's name! Kinetic is "less robin blue" than the OPI, but has the same cool frosty tones as Refreshmint.

"Electric Beat"
2 coats, no top coat



























Bright blue periwinkle creme, how can I say anything bad about this color? LOL! It was thicker than I expected, but applied smoothly and evenly.

I compared this to China Glaze "Secret Periwinkle"














Left to Right: "Electric Beat", "Secret Periwinkle".














Left to Right: "Secret Periwinkle", "Electric Beat", "Secret Periwinkle", "Electric Beat".














Left to Right: "Secret Periwinkle", "Electric Beat". Okay I was not prepared for these to be so different. Secret is a dusty , muted periwinkle cream that has more purple than blue undertones. Electric is exactly that, an electric periwinkle cream. It has stronger blue undertones than Secret, and much brighter, and it was a bit more difficult to apply, thick. I'll definitely be adding thinner to this one.

"Sweet Hook"
 2 coats, no top coat



























Before we had a pink that leaned lilac, now we have a lilac that leans pink, LOL :) This formula was thick and getting the 2nd coat to apply smoothly was an issue.

I compared this with China Glaze "Light As Air" and OPI "Rumple's Wiggin".














Left to Right: "Light As Air", "Sweet Hook", and "Rumple's Wiggin".














Left to Right: "Light As Air", "Sweet Hook", "Rumple's Wiggin", "Sweet Hook".














Left to Right: "Light As Air", "Sweet Hook", "Rumple's Wiggin".  Once Sweet Hook is compared to Rumple's , you can really see how strong the pink undertones are in Sweet Hook. Light is more similar to Rumple's, it is just a lighter version.  These 3 are nothing alike!

"Gothic Lolita"
 2 coats, no top coat.














Now this is more like a "bright collection" color, rater than a "light collection" color. Soft purple shimmer, reminds me of Hubba Bubba grape gum :)

I compared this to some other purples that are not close, at all...LOL! I figured I'd mix-it-up a bit :)

OPI "Purple with a Purpose" and China Glaze "Grape Pop".














Left to Right: "Purple with a Purpose", "Gothic Lolita", "Grape Pop".














Left to Right: "Purple with a Purpose", "Gothic Lolita", "Grape Pop", "Gothic Lolita".














Left to Right: "Purple with a Purpose", "Gothic Lolita", "Grape Pop". I like them all, I need them all, I have them all...GO TEAM!

And here they are with "Techno" on top.














Since there are 6 colors and I only have 5 "digits", I switched out the thumb, for "Gothic Lolita"  :)














My favorites: "Electric Beat" and "Kinetic Candy"...yum yum!

Like I said with "The Brights", this collection is not super unique, but some of the shades are must haves for Spring, so if you do not already have some of them, go get them now !

Go on...spice up those fingers for Spring!  :)


Pin It!

10 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

While these are pretty, I feel I have something in my stash that comes pretty close to every one of these (like you)...except Gothic Lolita...and that one I picked up from Sallys last weekend. :) Thanks for the comparisons!

Unknown said...

@Megan- Your welcome, and I agree they all have close "kissin cousins",you picked the right one :)

Unknown said...

I love them all! I think Gothic Lolita would be my first choice from the collection :) xx

Nikki said...

I love these colors! I don't have any similar to these, so I'll have to pick these up!

Crystal said...

love electric beat, reminds me of a brighter version of orly's cashmere cardigan

The Witty Nailist said...

LOVE this collection!! The glitter was perfect!!

Makena said...

I love these colors1 they pop so well and so cute!

Becca said...

Late to the party, I know, but aaargh I want them all! So cute!

Thanks for the swatches, great job :)

Anonymous said...

nice colors! love the "dance baby"!

PolishGrrl said...

Thx for your creative combos. Really helps my purchasing decisions.