Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pretty and Polished "Midnight Rider"

Today I have another beauty from Pretty and Polished, "Midnight Rider".














Because the base is a bit sheer, I layered this over another color that has the same undertones, but would not change the overall color of the manicure.  I have seen posts of it layered over black and o it's own in 3 coats, and it is stunning either way! :P














I applied 1 coat of OPI "Funky Dunkey" and 2 coats of "Midnight Rider".














I'm super happy with the way this turned out, it looks great! Midnight Rider has a perfect deep purple base with purple and red hex and square glitter.  There is also a lot of micro-glitter and silver and holographic glitter, so this is a glitter festival! :)



























This glitter was NOT a top coat monster and was easy to make smooth with my usual top coat application.



























Chelsea really did a fabulous job creating this beauty. I loved it, and application was really easy, for a glitter. Between glitter coats, I waited about 2 minutes, so that any glitter applied from the 1st coat would not be removed by the swipe of my 2nd coat. :)



























This manicure lasted me 4 days, and that was only because it was dull, not because it chipped! It was still intact and ready to go for 4 more days! Great job on this one Chels!

If you want to grab this color, go to Chelsea's Etsy shop, Pretty and Polished, HERE.  She may be out of it now, but she will re-stock soon, I'm sure! :)


Keep it sweet !

Pin It!

10 comments:

Sara said...

So pretty! I just ordered this the other day. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Sasha said...

Oh..... that IS pretty! I am a sucker for anything in the purple family.

Laynie said...

Holy COW that is absolutely stunning! Looks like you picked a great polish for underwear, too... absolutely gorgeous!

LuvMyLacquer said...

that's gorgeous & you picked a great color to layer it over. i'm really digging the square glitters!

Marisa said...

Oh my gosh!! What an awesome combo! So pretty!

nail a college drop out said...

your nails look like candy

ALL_ABOUT_REVIEWS said...

subtle YET !! very very eye catching

Freshie said...

Oh I really like how this turned out!

Unknown said...

Thank You everyone for your comments, Chelsea id a great job with this color!

Unknown said...

Thank You everyone for your comments, Chelsea id a great job with this color!