Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sonoma Nail Art: Halloween Collection 2012

Sonoma Nail Art is an amazing polish line created by an amazing blogger, Michelle.  She has released several great colors, but this collection marks my first Sonoma purchase.














Check out these bottles.


















Aren't they adorable?! The cute packaging was the best part of opening this package!














Left to Right: Deadly Zins, Sincerest Pumpkin Patch, Halloween In The Vines, and Here Lies Robert.

Now, even though these polishes are best when layered over another color, I decided to first show you swatches of the polishes over a plain nail so you can see how great the glitter is. :)

In the coming weeks I will be revealing these great colors again, in more colorful and layered manicures. I PROMISE! :)

Sonoma Nail Art Halloween Glitters
2 coats, no top coat.














Left to Right: Deadly Zins, Sincerest Pumpkin Patch.



Left to Right: Halloween In The Vines, and Here Lies Robert.

Not bad for 2 coats, but 3 coats is where the fun is at!


Sonoma Nail Art Halloween Glitters
3 coats, with top coat.














Left to Right: Deadly Zins, Sincerest Pumpkin Patch, Halloween In The Vines, and Here Lies Robert.














Left to Right: Deadly Zins, Sincerest Pumpkin Patch.(3 coats)














Left to Right: Deadly Zins, Sincerest Pumpkin Patch.(3 coats)














"Deadly Zins"- 3 coats.
This color is amazing, and I think it may be my favorite in the collection. It has a fabulous red tinted base, with red, purple and black glitter in hexagons and squares.  Amazing glitter to base ratio, and it applied perfectly, and I DID NOT have to "place" the glitter on the nail. Easy application.














"Sincerest Pumpkin Patch"- 3 coats
Oh... okay... maybe this is my favorite, too! LOL! This color has a great mossy green base with grass green glitter, lime green glitter, orange hexagons and green squares. AMAZING! It looks like pumpkins are floating on my nail.














Left to Right: Halloween In The Vines, and Here Lies Robert.(3 coats)














Left to Right: Halloween In The Vines, and Here Lies Robert.(3 coats)














"Halloween In The Vines"- 3 coats
Awesome! Purple tinted base with deep purple, light purple, silver and magenta glitter. Again the polish was easy to apply, and I love how it just glided on. No issues, no placement. Just great!














"Here Lies Robert"- 3 coats
This is a great color, and I like how this can go either way, grey, black or green! Very dark, and creepy! :) This is the only polish with a clear base, and it has squares, hexagons, diamonds and bar glitter. All in a variety of shades of black, grey, bright green, moss green, silver and gold. It reminds me of zombie flesh.

Not that I've ever seen zombie flesh, but if it did exist, I imagine this is what it would be like...minus the sparkles! :)

Overall, every polish is a must have! My favorites are "Deadly Zins" and  Sincerest Pumpkin Patch". Because they are glitters, they do require a top coat to make them feel smooth, so 2 coats is all that was required for me :) They also dry in the regular "dry time" and  lasted chip free for 3 days.  I probably could have gone longer, but I was too eager to try the next color :)

After this post I wore the first bottle over another color, and the glitter really sticks to base colors, well,  better than they do on a "plain nail'. So when you wear this over another color, you are going to get A LOT of glitter on the nail !!!! :)

Where can you get them? Sonoma Nail Art  has an etsy shop HERE.  and  since this collection sales out in seconds, Michelle announces the upcoming sales on her Facebook page, HERE.  So log in and stay tuned!!!

Great job Michelle, simply great!!!!

Keep It Sweet!!!





Pin It!

3 comments:

Helen said...

I love glitters, and these look amazing.
I'm curious how these will look over another color.

Unknown said...

@Helen- stay tuned I will post individual manicures using each glitter next week :) They are amazing layered!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.