Tuesday, May 6, 2014

March Beauty Box 5: Spring Cleaning

I know, I know, it's been awhile since I posted ANYTHING! What can I say, we have had amazing weather in SoCal and I have been enjoying TO THE MAX! :)

I'm back with another amazing box from Beauty Box 5 !



















This box is all about "Spring Cleaning", and was packed with 5 key products needed to give you clean gorgeous skin :)  Starting off with...



















Jane's Pick- All Natural Soaps - Made from an all natural blended infused with herbs and flowers. This smelled amazing, and since my bar was not "marked", I think it is the "Passion" bar since it smells like roses, LOL!  I used this to wash my hands, and the soap was good. I am not a "bar soap" fan so I gave it to my mother to enjoy.  She loves bar soaps, especially "french milled" and "cold pressed" etc. :)






















Tree Hut Shea Body Butter - This stuff is AMAZING! I was skeptical at first since the first ingredient is WATER, but it works well. Extra thick and paraben free, this lotion deep conditions your skin with cocoa and organic shea butter. This goes on smoothly and absorbs well into the skin, plus it smells like a tropical citrus drink, YUM!!! I use this on my hands most of the time, but every once in a while I hit my elbows and knees with this and they scream "THANKS", LOL!  This is my favorite item in the box.



















Bellapierre Cosmetics Makeup Base -  This is an all-in-one cream that hides imperfections and makes makeup even better. The cream is the same shade as the packaging, so needless to say, I did not try it, LOL!  I did give it to my friends daughter, who said that it went on well and she loved how it evened out her skin tone. :)






















H2O Plus Hand & Nail Cream -  This little tube of hand cream packs a punch! I love hand cremes so this was a welcome addition to my collection. This lotion is lightweight, non-greasy and contains silk proteins, Vitamin E and marine botanicals. This is thicker than lotion but lighter than most creams. It absorbs well and does not feel oily. This is my second favorite product.









Swissco Dual-sided Facial Pad - This product fell short for me. Now... I LOVE face scrubbers, pads and brushes and I use a Japanese brush on my face everyday, but this was not as effective.  The pad is small enough for a face and is a bit stiff, at first. However, once you wet it it softens up nicely.

NOW, the pad is flat and your face is not (see where this is going).  It's fine when you scrub your cheek and the side of your face, but when you need to scrub your nose and any other "tight areas", it doesn't want to bend or move. So if you want a small facial pad to scrub your cheeks, forehead and chin, you are good, but otherwise, this is not the product for you. Now, I did find one area this is good for, your upper back area. This is good for exfoliating your chest, neck and back area in the shower.   I also think this would work well for feet elbows and any other areas that need a bit for exfoliation than the usual cloth or sponge. :)

Overall, this box wasn't bad, and after using the products I used, I have to admit the creams won it for me!

If you like what you've seen and you want a BB5 box of your own, go to http://www.beautybox5.com/


Keep It Sweet!

*Product provided by PR for review.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Ananka said...

Certainly has been a while!

Nice box, the body butter looks interesting :-)