Friday, August 8, 2014

June and July Beauty Box 5: Summer Chic and Defining Moments

This summer has been busy, busy, busy! But with the help of BB5, I was fresh and on-point!

If you haven't subscribed to BB5, then I'm about to give you 10 reasons why you should. 

BB5 for June 2014.






















This box was packed with quick, chic and easy items, that kept me fashionable in June.

Let's start with the polish..of course!
Nicka K New York "Nail Color". This color did not have a name on the label, but it is a gorgeous creamy brick red. It went on smoothly and covered well in two coats, plus the bottle is full sized. 


Application was easy and all Nicka K colors are formaldehyde free!

Organix Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner.  I used this for a recent trip to Las Vegas. It was perfect for travel and made packing easy. Plus it smelled AMAZING. The shampoo was perfect after I spent all afternoon at the pool, and the conditioner was light and had a lot of "slip" to it..."curly girls" know all about "SLIP" :)

Glam Natural Mascara.  Yep, another lovely I packed in my luggage for Las Vegas. This mascara was light and easy to apply, but did not deliver any dramatic effect. It was perfect for giving my eye that extra LIFT during the day after a late night. It is VEGAN, gluten-free, paraben-free and hypoallergenic. So if you are allergic or sensitive to any of these, this is the mascara for you. :)

Eslor Introductory Collection Calming Kit.  This kit was great! It was filled with samples of their refiner and cleanser, replenishing scrub, comforting mask, and soothing cream. I took this to Las Vegas, and once again was happy with it's portability and ease of use. I tried the cleanser and it was mild and thorough, and even removed my stubborn eye makeup with ease.  Everything in the kit was paraben-free, and all the products were created to hydrate and protect your skin. :)

Vita Bath Body Wash in "Wild Red Cherry".  This didn't make it to Las Vegas, LOL! I used this immediately and the smell was perfection. It smells like fresh cherries and a bit like cherry blossoms. Free of propylene glycol, mineral oils and silicone, it created a luxurious lather that left me feeling fresh and ready for my day.

BB5 for July 2014






















Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara. I'm wearing this today! It coats the lashes smoothly, and doesn't feel heavy to the touch. I love the light feel on my eyes, and when I rubbed my lash, none of it came off. I got the dramatic look without the dramatic mess, SWEET! 

Here is my eyelash straight on, and from the side!


















Super happy with this one, and it was FULL SIZE!

Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment.  I haven't used this yet, because I was waiting on my deep conditioning cap to arrive in the mail. Now that I have it, I will be using this item, this weekend. I LOVE deep conditioning my hair, as much as I love body scrubs...and I LOVE scrubs!!! A great application tip is to apply this product to wet hair using only half of the packet (for me I will probably use a third), wait 10 minutes and then rinse. Oh yeah!!

Body Drench Candy Licious Lips.  This seriously smells like a grape piece of candy, yum, I want to eat it, but I must resist.  I keep this at work, and it is perfect when my lips need a little TLC and I don't have the time to apply my lipstick. Infused with beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E, these taste like the real thing, without all the guilt! 

Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub.  I LOVE SCRUBS!!! I slapped this stuff on my elbows and knees and was pleasantly surprised. It's very creamy and rich, so I assumed it would not be abrasive enough, but it was.  This is going to be great for my next at-home pedicure. This scrub is Vegan and infused with moisturizing botanicals for safe and gentle exfoliation without the parabens, harsh chemicals  and artificial fragrances


















Starlooks Lip Liner.  I did not try this product because the color pencil I received, was not in a shade that I wear. Sorry, I don't do rose colored lips, LOL! :)  The info says the liner can be used for all-over color on the lips that will last all day, without feathering.  This was another FULL-SIZE product:)

Overall, both boxes were amazing. I loved the shower gel and face samples from June, and the scrub and the deep conditioner from July. Both months had mascara, so my eyes were perfect all summer too. :)

If you like what you've seen and you want a BB5 box of your own, go to http://www.beautybox5.com/


Keep It Sweet!

*Product provided by PR for review.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Heli'♥beauties said...

Great post.
love to see these unboxing posts.

check out mine!

Cindi said...

It's fun to see what is in your BeautyBox5. I am a new subscriber and got the July box and the August box came yesterday. I was soo excited, and I loved all the items I got in mine. I was hesistant to sub to a monthly beauty box, but these unboxings and seeing the fun things you got helped me decide to sign up too. Thanks!