Monday, January 26, 2015

VROOM, VROOM - OPI Mustang Collection, Swatches and Review

Ladies....start your ENGINES! Last summer OPI released their collaboration collection with Ford, for the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang!

There are 6 colors, in the collection and I am sure there is one that you will love...maybe two! :)


Starting off with...my favorite, the BLUE one!

OPI "The Sky's My Limit"
3 coats, no top coat



I LOVE this color, but I hate how it photographs! The first picture, is not at all how it looks on he nail, the nail line is not visible. 

The second picture is how it looks.  It is a a metallic blue shimmer, with blue, green and gold flecks. It reminds me of OPI "Catch Me If You Can", but this leans more blue, whereas CMIYC leans more teal green.  

The third picture is in in-direct lighting. Here you can see the flecks and shimmer. Because I knew this was going to photograph sheer, I did 3 coats, but you only need 2 coats for full opacity.  


OPI "Race Red"
2 coats, no top coat


Not really "red" and not really "orange".  This was a red / orange creme. It was smooth and applied well, opaque in 2 coats, no issues. This type of color looks great on my skin, but it does NOT remind me of a "Race" or a Mustang, LOL!

OPI "50 Years of Style"
2 coats, no top coat


This is a gorgeous gold! Even Though it is "brush stroke-y", it tries to a nice, burnished shine. This gold is NOT brassy, and is subtle and soft enough for everyday use. I used 2 coats, and it applied well. No issues. 

OPI "Queen Of The Road"
2 coats, no top coat


"Queen Of The Road" is black with a frosty silver shimmer.  At different angles you can even see some pink and gold in it. This colors remind me of a newly paved black road. Dark and deep, but with a hint of metallic flecks from rocks, metal and debris. I like it, and although the first coat applied patchy, once a minute passed the second coat applied like butter.  

OPI "Angel With A Leadfoot"
2 coats, no top coat

This is obviously a white creme. Nothing exciting, except for the fact that I use white polish the most, so having another white creme is always a good thing. :) This applied well in 2 coats, simple and easy, no fuss.  

OPI "Girls Love Ponies"
2 coats, no top coat

 This is a pretty pink creme. It applied well in 2 coats, no issues and it dried to a shiny finish.

Which one is my favorite?..DUH! OPI "The Sky's My Limit", but I think "Queen Of The Road" is the most unique.

Which one do you like? What color, would you like to have seen in the collection?

Keep It Sweet!

*Product sent by PR for review.


Pin It!

1 comment:

nail a college drop out said...

the sky's my limit is gorgeous!